Top 3 Work From Home Productivity Tips And Hacks You Can’t Ignore!
I have 2 young boys aged 3 and 7. My wife has a full-time job. “Work From Home Productivity” has been a challenge for both of us. It’s taken us a couple of weeks to get into a rhythm that includes managing the housework and keeping the kids engaged.
Productivity has tangibly gone down. I struggled with this but finally accepted that I’m not going to have the same level of output during the COVID-19 lockdown phase.
But just because I can’t be as productive as before, doesn’t mean I can’t achieve something meaningful or be productive while working from home.
Let’s explore Top 10 Work From Home Productivity hacks And Hacks You Can’t Ignore!
Achieving Work From Home Productivity
Here are 3 hacks I’ve implemented to make sure I achieve work from home productivity during the lockdown, or even after
- Pick 1-3 Most Important Tasks (‘MITs’) for the day and work on those before everything else. Make sure to keep this list to 3 or fewer.
- For 1 hour a day work with your phone on airplane mode and no other distractions (preferably when kids are asleep). This is your ‘Focus Hour‘.
- Less is more. For more impact, scale down your goals if possible. Direct your focus hour and 3 daily MITs towards a maximum of one or two big goals or projects. Park some of your goals or projects for later.
Now combine the above 3 hacks and you will have optimum work-from-home productivity:
- Pick just 1-2 important projects or work areas
- Pick 1-3 daily MITs from these 1-2 important projects
- And work on just these 3 MITs during your ‘Focus Hour‘
Do this for a week and you just may end up with Work From Home Productivity > Work From Office Productivity.